Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jessica Magnus --- Ganglioneuroblastoma Cancer and Progressive Neuromuscular Scoliosis




GANGLIONEUROBLASTOMA stage 3 and progressive neuromuscular scoliosis of 59 degrees

Jessica was born on September 18th, 2001. In December 2005, Jessica was diagnosed with Stage 3 Ganglioneuroblastoma Cancer - both malignant and benign tumor that was taking up most of her chest and wrapped around her spine.

Jessica's x-rays - showing curve of spine and Ganglioneuroblastoma Tumor


Today Jessica continues her fight for life. She wears her new Cheneau brace because doctors were only able to remove 25% of her tumor and during that surgery it caused a major curve in her spine. If her tumor continues to grow it could crush her spinal cord causing her to become paralyzed. Jessie has been all over Europe visiting doctors and misses a lot of school due to her cancer and scoliosis. Even with missing so much she has done very well in both the UK and Czech Republic!

Jessica is trying to get to the US to meet with experts here. Please visit her sites and learn about her. I became friends with her mother, Stana, immediately after Haven was diagnosed. We have remained in close contact since. I am lucky to have these two beauties in my life.

Please visit Jessica's site by clicking her photos or HERE! We love you Jessie and Stana!

1 comment:

  1. When I was 5 months old my mother took me to the doctor for a severe chest cold. After further examination the doctor found my benign tumor in upper right side of my back. I believe the only reason I'm here today is because of god. My family was constantly praying for me and that just shows you the power of prayer works! Good luck and god bless!

    ReplyDelete