Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Susannah - Cushing's Syndrome - Haven's Newest Friend

PLEASE give lots of prayers, thoughts, good wishes (however you want to do it) to Susannah Wednesday morning. She is in Bethesda undergoing a bilateral adrenalectomy for PPNAD - a rare form of adrenal Cushing's Syndrome.

Susannah is 5 1/2 years old.


Isn't she just adorable!!! This is Susannah - you can visit her web site at: http://www.carepages.com/carepages/susannahzahn2007. You will have to become a member to see her but that really is just an easy step and took me 30 seconds.


There is an amazing story as to how I connected with Susannah and her mom, Jessie. Somehow in my research and scouring of the Internet I found a webforum called webdiagnosis. The post was from over 2 years ago and it was the plea of a desperate mother asking for help with her daughter. She had all these crazy symptoms and no one knew what could be going on with her daughter. After reading everything she sounded very similar to Haven and the many other wonderful chidren I know.


So I posted a brief story about Haven and gave her my email address. Never in a million years did I expect to hear from the mom or even think that email was good anymore. BUT I DID.
Tonight - I received an email from Jess telling me a brief story of her daughter Susannah.
I can't wait to learn more about Susannah.


No comments:

Post a Comment