Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Denika - ROHHAD and GANGLIONEURBLASTOMA CANCER

We first met Miss Denika at the end of summer last year. I spoke with her mom, Trina, quite a bit and discovered Denika was exactly like Miss Haven. She had just had surgery to remove her Ganglioneuroblastoma Tumor in the abdomen and her doctors were now trying to figure out ROHHAD.

Denika was flown from her hospital in Newfoundland to Toronto for evaluation.

Here is her private plane. Once evaluated in Toronto I was amazed to receive an email from her Endocrinologist asking for advise and info on what Haven had been doing. I immediately sent her an email back with a short synopsis of our treatments and the plan. Then I also encouraged her to speak with our doctors and discuss the best options for Denika. The next day our doctors called to ask if it was ok to speak to them on behalf of Haven. ABSOLUTELY. Next thing I knew Denika would be getting a port in place and would begin IVIG treatments.

Here is Miss Denika at her birthday party. She is so beautiful. She has been doing IVIG for a few months now. I keep in touch with her mom as best as I can. Life gets extremely hectic when you're running back and forth to an Oncology office for treatments. But Denika is doing great and I love seeing her photos.

We love you Trina and Denika.....

No comments:

Post a Comment